step by step
To create your Po_otoreto we first have to work on profiling you, so as to determine together all material characteristics of your doll. That is to say:
- 1/6 (25cm—30 cm doll)
- 1/3 (45cm—60 cm doll)
- 1/2 (70cm—90cm doll)
- Body structure in Fabric - head, forearms and calves made of polymer clay / 8 joints
- Body structure in Wood - head, forearms and calves made of polymer clay / 8 joints
- Body structure in LaDoll clay / optional: choose between 6 to 14 joints [neck, shoulders, elbows, torso, hips, knees and ankles].
- Body joints:
- Spheres and elastic strings (BJD)
- Accordion pleats or seams
- Dado / Tenon
- Glass (Made in Germany)
- Resin eyes (hand-made)
- Integrated (same material as whole head. Painted)
- Natural hair wig
- Mohair wig
- Rigid hair – Integrated (same material as whole head. Painted)
- Rigid, interchangeable hair (same material as whole head, but removable. Painted).
Each customized Po_otoreto comes with a kit of miniaturized objects that are dear to the user’s personal world. Some of these objects will be thought of and designed in close collaboration; others will emerge from the imagination of Po_oreto’s teamwork and based on information gathered from the previous questionnaire and personal interview.
Each Po_otoreto comes with the following objects/items:
- Birth Certificate
- National ID card
- 1 set of clothes - footwear
The following objects/items can be added to the basic set:
- Additional footwear
- Ceramic crockery
- Art objects
- Special charms
- Cardboard box with nostalgic memorabilia (School report book, family photos, milk teeth, first drawings, comic magazines, love letters, postcards).
Each Po_otoreto includes the following services:
- Annual check-up at our Po_otoreto’s Doll Clinic (exclusively for Buenos Aires)
- Surprise annual birthday gift.
The following services can be purchased independently:
- Changes of appearance (aging, surgeries, implants, tattoos, piercings, etc.)
- Sex change
- Hairdressing (Haircut, color change, hair change)
- Eye color change
- Psychoanalysis (this service is charged by the hour. You can also acquire a “Psychoanalysis Kit” to have always on hand. “Psychoanalysis kit” includes: Psychoanalyst + notebook + couch + picture of Freud/Lacan/Jung)
- Birth chart
- Accupressure appointment (this service is charged by the hour. You can also acquire a “Chinese Medicine Kit” to have always on hand: “Chinese Medicine Kit” includes: Chinese Doctor + stretcher + Chinese meridian chart Poster)
- Tarot reading (this service is charged by the hour. You can also acquire a “Tarot Kit” to have always in hand. “Tarot Kit” includes: Tarotist + 1 set of Tarot cards + stool + card table)
- Pets and pet supplies (kennel, pet food, bone, etc.)
- Wardrobe renovation
- Fine art purchase consultancy
- Food delivery
- Customized furniture (chairs, sofas, couches, beds, tables, linen, medicine cabinets, etc.)
- Laundry service.
- How do I place my order?
To order your own Po_otoreto, please send us an email with your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible to discuss further doll making alternatives, costs and estimate time of production and delivery.
- How long will the production process take?
The making of your Po_otoreto may vary according to its size and complexity. Please estimate a minimum of 2 to 3 months.
- What are the shipping options?
If you live in Buenos Aires we will hand-deliver you your own Po_otoreto ourselves. Deliveries elsewhere (rest of Argentina and international deliveries) are shipped via private Courier shipping (DHL; UPS; FedEx) and costs may vary depending on where you live.
- What are the payment options?
Payments are made through Bank Transfer or deposit into our account. A 50% payment in advance is required to cover production costs. The remaining 50% is to be payed when final product is delivered. If your Po_otoreto is to be shipped, payment must be completed prior to this stage and include shipping and handling.
* If you are interested in additional Services and/or Objects not listed above, or if you are interested in knowing more about the Po_otoreto Community, please email us and let us know.